Sunday, March 8, 2015

Interview with Kristine Raymond

I recently had the pleasure of interviewing my favorite historical romance author Kristine Raymond. Here is that interview along with the links to her books.. 

How did you come up with the idea for Hidden Springs?
a) I wanted to write about a community of people who shared each other’s successes and pulled together during tragedy.
Why did you pick the location?
a) I lived in Northern Arizona for a few years and had visited the Verde Valley (which is the area that Hidden Springs is based on). Since I like the Old West, it seemed to be the perfect setting.
How many books do you have planned for the Hidden Springs series?
a) Eight. I’m currently working on book six.
What inspired you to write your first book?
a) I learned that a friend of mine had self-published and thought that it sounded like an intriguing idea. I figured that I’d give it a try; after all, I had nothing to lose. It turned out that people like the Hidden Springs series.
Do you have a specific writing style or one you prefer?
a) I have to write from beginning to end. I don’t jump around in my story, so if I get stuck on an idea, sometimes I am stuck for weeks. I also need it to be perfectly quiet.
How do you come up with the titles for your books?
a) Some of them come to me out of the blue, and others I come up with based on the plot of the story.
Are the experiences in your writing based on someone you know, or real life events?
a) No, the plots are imaginary, although some of the characters’ personalities are based on people in my life.
What books have most influenced your life?
a) All of them. Whether it’s been a book that I’ve enjoyed or disliked, I think that all of the books I’ve read have contributed to the person who I am today.
If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a “mentor”?
a) Laramie Briscoe is my mentor in that she is the one who got me started on this journey, and she’s been kind enough to take the time to answer my questions and help me out along the way. I’ve learned a lot from many different authors, though.
Do you see writing as a career or a hobby?
a) I would very much like it to be a career. That’s my goal. I guess it depends on what the readers think. lol
If you had to do it all over again, is there anything you would change in your latest book?
a) There are always things that I’d like to change in my books after the fact. That’s because my mind is constantly thinking about ‘what if’ scenarios. I eventually have to accept that the finished product is the best it can be, and let it go, to coin Elsa in Frozen.
Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?
a) I think my interest began from reading. I’ve read, or been read to, for as long as I can remember. English was always my favorite subject in school. I love how words fit together to create ideas and stories. I never seriously considered a writing career until late 2013, though.
Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?
a) The fact that I can’t move on when I get stuck (see question 5.) I hate it when I’m unable to move forward in my plot. But eventually my brain works its way around, over, under, or through my mental roadblock and then I’m good to go again.
Who is your favorite author? What do you like most about their work?
a) I don’t have a single favorite author. There are many that I like because their stories engage and entertain me. If I have trouble getting into a story, chances are I won’t read it through.
Who designs your book covers?
a) Beth from Cover It Up Designs. She’s an amazingly talented designer, and an even better friend!
Who is your favorite character from your writing? Why?
a) Jack Tanner from Hearts on Fire. Jack is tough but vulnerable, and he has a cocky, sarcastic side to him that I like. He’s also extremely protective and loyal of those he loves. Oh, and he’s incredibly sexy, too!
Do you have any advice for other writers?
a) If you want to write, write. Don’t let anyone, including yourself, stop you. There is a lot to be learned from other people but it the end, find your own style; your authentic way of writing.

May I ask a few personal questions just for fun?

Sure
What is the last book you read?
a) Forgiven Love by B. Maddox
Where is your favorite place to vacation?
a) I don’t take vacations but I sure need to! Do book signings count?
What is your favorite dessert, food, and restaurant?
a) I don’t eat out much anymore due to the fact that there are not a lot of restaurants in my area that offer vegetarian food. And no, thank you, just because I am a vegetarian, I do NOT want a salad.
As far as favorite food, that would be mushroom pizza. And favorite dessert would be cheesecake…or lemon bars…or blueberry pie…or…
When you aren’t reading or writing, what do you enjoy doing?
a) When am I not writing? Lol. Honestly, writing and promoting take up almost all of my free time as late, so I’m not really sure what I’d enjoy doing. Maybe laying on a beach somewhere drinking a Pina Coloda; yeah, that sounds enjoyable.
Is there anything you would like us to know about you?
a) I tend to be a little on the quiet side, until you get to know me, that is.
How can we follow you online?
Amazon Author Page
Goodreads Page
Twitter Name
Facebook Page
Pinterest
Instagram
LinkedIn
Tumblr
Email address
Website


Thank you so much for taking the time to let me interview you!

Thank you for having me. It’s been fun!



HERE TO STAY 
                 CA - http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00GH4GCQ4
                 AU - https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B00GH4GCQ4
                 UK - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00GH4GCQ4 



HEARTS ON FIRE 

                CA - http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00HIOO7NC
                UK - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00HIOO7NC
                AU - https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B00HIOO7NC 


ABBY'S HEART  
                CA - http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00IGUOJD0
                UK - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00IGUOJD0
                AU - https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B00IGUOJD0 

A CHANCE ON LOVE 

                 CA - http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00LR5W690
                 AU - https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B00LR5W690
                 UK - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00LR5W690 



1 comment:

  1. Thank you. I had such a great time interviewing with you. <3

    ReplyDelete