Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Hurry Home


Seventeen years after Johnathon Parker murdered her mother, hybrid witch, Emmalyn Evans, gets sick of her father’s overprotective, distant ways, so she runs away in search of adventures with her aunt and uncle. Along the way, she meets charming, handsome, dark warlock, Nik Baker who has a troubled past and harbors dark secrets. Together they embark on an adventure of their own and soon become close. But with Emmalyn’s homicidal grandfather and overprotective father on their tail, and Nik’s many secrets hanging over them, how can they enjoy their great adventure? And will Emmalyn make it back to her father in one piece, or is history doomed to repeat itself?


Author Bio
Angie is a 17 year old High School Graduate.  She met Mary through Fanfiction and they bonded over their love of books and British TV. She lives in sunny San Diego with her parents and two out of three sisters. She is the third child out of four. She loves God with all her heart and goes to Summit Christian Church! Angie is also a sound technician. She will be going to Dream Center Leadership Study next year.  

Mary is a beautiful 26 year-old woman. She lives in Toledo, Ohio Writing has been her passion since she was in Elementary school. She started by writing plays for her favorite anime, Sailor Moon, and things developed from there. She is an avid reader with too many books to even fit on her bookshelf. Her tastes in music varies, but she is always open to trying new things. She is the second of four children and has a niece and nephew she loves with all her heart.
Links

Website: Misfitauthors.com

Book Excerpt:
Emmalyn and Alex

I swallow hard, wanting to keep my promise to Kyle, but not really knowing where to start. Like I said, I’ve tried to have the conversation with him so many times, but he never listens to what I have to say. I know Dad won’t let it go until I give him an answer. Yet, I can’t bring myself to state the truth so, with his green eyes boring into me, I give him a simple answer. “Fine. I finished up my last finals. I just have to pack for my trip to Virginia.”

“Speaking of which, I bought a second plane ticket,” he states casually. “I want to join you for that first week just to make sure everything goes smoothly.”

He cannot be serious. We fought about this for weeks. I’m seventeen now. It’s bad enough that I have to take my shape shifter bodyguards with me. Now, he’s telling me that he’s going to tag along. Why can’t he believe that I’ve grown up enough to get on and off a plane without anything bad happening? I doubt my grandfather is going to try anything in crowded airports.

“Dad we talked about this! You said you would let me goaloneto visit Uncle Xander. Nothing bad will happen to me,” I argue as calmly and maturely as I can manage. I’m not going to get anywhere by acting like a fifteen-year-old brat.

“You don’t know that. Your mother was killed by someone she should’ve been able to trust with her life. I’m not going to let you get on an airplane with strangers who could possibly be working with Johnathon Parker.”

“Not every fucking person on this planet is working with my grandfather!” I explode, slamming my fork on the plate. “Besides, Mark and Brandon will be with me the whole time. You know they wouldn’t let anything happen to me. Please, don’t break this promise.”

No comments:

Post a Comment